Coming home after a vacation is such a wonderful feeling! You are back in a familiar place and feel right at home, but then you begin to think about where you will travel to next. You have been a tourist in many unfamiliar places before, but have you ever thought about being a tourist in your own town? Many people have lived in our hometowns their entire lives, so we often take the amazing spots in our hometowns for granted. At Brentwood Travel, we are proud to call St. Louis, Missouri, our home! No matter if you were born and raised or have never been, here are the places you MUST VISIT when you're in STL!
10. Ballpark Village: Located just steps from Busch Stadium, Ballpark Village has a variety of bars and restaurants that will suit everyone! It is the perfect spot for before and after Cardinals games or any night out! With seven different bars under one roof, you can get a night of variety with the convenience of being only a couple of feet away from your next stop.
9. City Museum: This unique museum is home to many exhibits consisting largely of re-purposed architectural and industrial objects. The City Museum is the perfect place to let your imagination and inner child run wild! If you enjoy heights and thrills, be sure to check out the school bus on the rooftop!
8. Imo's: Nothing is more St. Louis than St. Louis-style pizza! This unique thin crust, square-sliced pizza is something you don't see all over the country, so when you'll want to try it out if you never have!
7. Grant's Farm: This historic farm is built on land given to President Ulysses S. Grant and his wife by his father in law. Today, you can visit Budweiser Clydesdales in-training, feed goats, watch animal shows, or relax in the courtyard for lunch and complimentary Anheuser-Busch products.
6. Ted Drewes: This is one of our favorite places in STL! The line is always worth the wait for the best frozen custard concretes around. Their large menu has something to satisfy every type of sweet tooth. Because of this, Ted Drewes has been a St. Louis classic for 90 years!
5. St. Louis Zoo: What is better than a day at the zoo? A day at a zoo that is FREE to the public! Visit all kinds of animals, from polar bears to prairie dogs to elephants; the St. Louis Zoo has it all!
4. Anheuser-Busch Brewery: Visit the King of Beers and see how your favorite beer is brewed right in St. Louis. The (FREE) brewery tours are not only educational but also fun! Try freshly brewed samples throughout the tour as well as redeeming your free beer at the end. If you're visiting around the holidays, be sure to stop by the brewery for some of the best light displays around!
3. Cardinals Game: St. Louis has always been the ultimate baseball town! Nothing is better than a beautiful summer evening in Busch Stadium cheering on our team. We recommend trying the loaded nachos while you're there, you won't regret it!
2. Blues Game: We are proud to be the home of the 2019 Stanley Cup Champions! If you are in town during hockey season, make sure to pick up some Blues tickets to watch the boys in action.
1. Gateway Arch: The Gateway Arch is the most iconic landmarks in St. Louis. Take a ride to the top to get a breathtaking view of downtown St. Louis, or if heights aren't your thing, walk around the beautiful grounds or cruise around the Mississippi River in a replica 19th century paddle-wheel riverboat.
Did we miss one of your favorite STL spots? We told you our favorites, now tell us yours!
Let us know on our Facebook and Instagram
Brentwood Travel Vacation Experts
In the 60 years since Brentwood Travel was founded in 1957, we've grown into the largest, full-service travel agency in the Greater St. Louis area. No matter what your travel needs may be, our consultants will be able to assist you.