The newly announced ban on electronic devices may have a slight impact on your travel plans, but planning in advance will help you stay productive during your trip.
Here is what you need to know to navigate these new rules:
- The US ban does NOT apply if you’re on a flight within the United States.
- The US ban DOES apply to flights flying to the US from 10 international airports in the Middle East and Northern Africa. Click here for a full list.
- The electronics ban does NOT affect anyone flying from the US to any other airport.
- The ban DOES apply to anything electronic other than a smartphone, but NOT medical equipment.
- The ban DOES apply to fliers with the status of ‘trusted travelers’.
- Britain did enacted a similar ban but with some key differences. This includes the size of a smartphone which you are allowed to bring onboard cannot be larger than 3.6 inches wide.